What are ACCESS Service Alerts?
They are text messages sent by ACCESS to let you know about important events that affect your ACCESS services and network. For instance if a pole is struck by a vehicle and takes out part of the ACCESS fiber network, we can alert you via text to any outage and its effects. Typically these alerts are only sent out via text message when we suspect that some of out customers won't be able to receive emails because of the outage. The text alerts are also more immediate than emails because your phone notifies you of them.
How do I sign up?
If you wish to receive these alerts, you have to sign up at the link below. If you have more than one cell phone that you want alerts on, you'll have to sign up once for each phone.
2) Enter your phone number in the first field.
Please note: on some browsers, it won't allow you to click the First Name field after you enter your phone number. Just hit the Tab key on your keyboard to go from the Phone Number field to the First Name field. After that it will let you click as normal.
3) Enter your first and last names and your email address.
4) Check the checkbox next to "ACCESS Service Alerts" and click the Add button.
5) You are signed up for ACCESS Service Alerts, but you'll want to do one additional thing on your phone before you're done. Open the Contacts app on your phone and create a new contact. Name the contact ACCESS Service Alerts and put in 64085 for the phone number and save it. (It doesn't look like a normal phone number because it is a text-only service.) Once you've done that, when a service alert comes to your phone via text, you'll see that it is from ACCESS rather than seeing a number you don't recognize.
6) That's it! You're good to go. If you ever decide that you no longer want to get these alerts, simply text STOP to ACCESS Service Alerts (64085). And you'll be removed from the list.