ACCESS Voice (VoIP) Services
In 2005, ACCESS began providing Voice-over-IP (VoIP) services across the ACCESS Fiber Network. To date, we currently serve 18 entities with services. In partnership with The Education Connection, ACCESS provides voicemail and enhanced features providing value-added services to the educational institutions we serve.
ACCESS VoIP System Key Features
- ACCESS maintains redundant Cisco Call Managers controlling the flow of voice calls across the ACCESS Fiber Network.
- Customers enjoy inter-district dialing (by extension) between participant locations.
- Via Toll-bypass, long-distance calls can be reduced as they can be routed through connected customers providing cost savings
- All user/system based adds, moves and changes to the phone database are handled by ACCESS, i.e., reassigning extensions, adding phone configuration, line changes, name changes, enhancements, etc.
- ACCESS monitors and backs up Voice Gateway routers at district locations.
- Third-party SIP device integration such as IP speakers and door intercoms
- In partnership with The Education Connection, the following services are incorporated.
- Voicemail - with email notification available
- Intercom integration - directly through phones
- Bully Tip Line
- Call-Recording - on-demand
- Paging over phones with third-party system integration
- Bell Schedule integration with various systems
- Mass notification - Outbound Dialing
- Remote Control - see a live screen view of phone with full control
- Visual Memos and Alerts - text alerts to the IP phone (Safety Plan)
- 911 Locator - alerts staff of call and records message.
- Call Detail Records (CDR)
Customer Integration Requirements
Voice Gateway Router
PRI or SIP connection to support DID’s and off-network calling
POTS lines for backup and 911 calls
Hardware (POE) to support voice vlans
Last Modified on March 24, 2022