NETWORK SECURITY INFORMATION
Whether you are an ACCESS stakeholder, or a customer of our services, we encourage you to partner with us to assist you with your cyber and network security plan. ACCESS has invested significantly in products and services to secure the overall network infrastructure and the school-owned data that we host. While we maintain firewall services for our districts and monitor our network infrastructure 24x7, over the past several years, a tremendous amount of technology has been added to serve your school/district, although much of this is transparent to the end user. With additional Pandemic-related funding available to schools, companies are reaching out to districts to offer services we may already have available for your needs. ACCESS adheres to the following security standards and requirements.
- An annual SOC1 audit is performed on the ACCESS network and financial security by the Ohio Auditor of State. Our annual report can be made available upon request.
- ACCESS is a member of InfraGard, the Northern Ohio Chapter. https://nocinfragard.org/ The mission of InfraGard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI. InfraGard members gain access to information that enables them to protect their assets and in turn, give information to the government that facilitates its responsibilities to prevent and address terrorism and other crimes.
- ACCESS is affiliated with the Center for Internet Security and has contracted the Albert Network Monitoring System. We have installed an IDS (Intrusion Detection System), a piece of hardware within our network that communicates back to CIS’s 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) to provide enhanced monitoring capabilities and notifications of malicious activity. Albert provides network security alerts for network threats, helping organizations identify malicious activity. If a threat is identified, ACCESS is immediately notified. Visit ALBERT
- NIST Standards - are required standards for an organization to maintain security under the U.S. Department of Commerce. https://www.nist.gov/ ACCESS complies with NIST.
- Filament Essential Security, through our partnership with the Management Council of the Ohio Education Computer Network (MC-OECN) https://www.filamentservices.org/datasecurity/ provides us with security oversight and guidance from a dedicated Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). Through this alliance, we are able to provide assistance to schools..
- Tech Guard - Cyber Security Awareness Training- runs email campaigns to promote awareness training, reporting back any needs for remedial attention. Let us run a campaign for you. Information about this product.
The following are only a FEW of the many additional services we support and can offer our schools.
- Network Hardware Hosting
- Anti-Virus products, etc.
- Network Monitoring and Reporting